[Samba] Moving DC1 to a Virtual Machine

Paul Littlefield info at paully.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 06:06:02 MST 2015

On 26/01/15 13:00, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> P2V yes. But I don't understand how REAR helps, when the OP want to do
> an OS switch from Gentoo to Ubuntu at the same time?!

Hello Marc

If I cannot switch from Gentoo to Ubuntu (I am currently testing in VirtualBox Ubuntu Server fresh install)... then I will just use REAR to do P2V and keep it Gentoo :(

Yes, I would rather have 2 DCs which are exactly the same O/S and Samba version.

Yes, I want to end with Ubuntu Server 14.04.1 LTS running latest Samba stable from Git.

However, I am really worried about the consequences of getting it wrong.

Hence, why I am testing this at home with VBox.

Regards,

Paul Littlefield