[Samba] SAMBA 4 AD authentication problem

Umar Draz unix.co at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 21:52:00 MST 2015

HI All,

I have successfully install SAMBA 4 and also successfully join windows 2012
server with my SAMABA domain (EXAMPLE).

Now today I have tried Windows 8 to join my SAMBA domain, but that wasn't
worked due to username and password message.

Here is the message appear while joining the domain from windows 8

*The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "EXAMPLE"*

*The user name or password is incorrect.*

Login through domain's user on Windows 2012 was also working, but after the
above error I tried to login on windows 2012 server with the domain user
but the same error was there.

I have checked on SAMBA machine and verify the Administrator username and
password is working

*smbclient //localhost/netlogon -U Administrator -c 'ls'*
Enter Administrator's password:
Domain=[EXAMPLE] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.1.6-Ubuntu]

The kerberos also validate my username and password

*root at samba:~# kinit administrator at EXAMPLE.COM <administrator at EXAMPLE.COM>*
Password for administrator at EXAMPLE.COM:
Warning: Your password will expire in 41 days on Tue 03 Mar 2015 02:44:04
AM EST

Would you please help me the solve this, why username and password not
working on windows end.

Br.

Umar