[Samba] Samba4 Android port and Python auth modules

Kaye, John John.Kaye at xip.net
Thu Jan 15 15:40:00 MST 2015

Hello All,

First post. Just ported Samba4 to a native Android/ARM platform -- quite a bit more work than Samba3. Moved to Samba4 to pick up AD support.

The smb and nmb daemons fire up and appear to operate correctly, at least as good as Samba3. However, when trying to use samba-tool to create/list users, etc. I run into the following:

ERROR(<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>): uncaught exception - 'module' object has no attribute 'session_info'

Which I interpret to mean that the session_info attribute is not present in samba.dcerpc.auth, but it is. I am a Python and Samba novice, but it appears that samba.auth is overshadowing samba.dcerpc.auth, or vice-versa. When I run python interactively, I can import both modules, but I only see the attributes for the first module imported - i.e. if samba.auth is imported prior to samba.dcerpc.auth, a dir of samba.dcerpc.auth will return samba.auth attributes, which presumably causes the AttributeError.

Any help to further debug or resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
-John

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and intended only for use by the named addressee(s). It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work-product immunity or other legal rules. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by return e-mail and permanently delete the original and any copies.