[Samba] SAMBA 4 Member Server - Help please

Sketch smblist at rednsx.org
Wed Jan 14 15:42:20 MST 2015

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015, David Thompson wrote:

> Kerberos works fine as I can run kinit and kdestroy on both the DC and member server and they work fine. Time is set to  the default time servers right now as installed by the ntp install, but both servers are in sync for their time and working correctly.
>
> On the member server, I am able to get it bound to the domain without issue and I can see that it adds its name into the DNS service.
> I cannot however get it to lookup any users either, which is odd, since when I setup a SAMBA3 server to be a member server, I am able to get winbindd, smbd, and nmbd playing nicely together and can look users up without issue against the DC.

Make sure winbind is actually running on the member server.

Also, make sure your users actually have uid and gid attributes in ldap.
If not, I don't think they will show up (I use sssd, so my windind is
rusty).  If wbinfo -u does show users, but getent passwd does not, this is
likely your problem.  Make sure you use the --uid-number and --gid-number
options when you create users with samba-tool, or you can add them with
ADUC, or you can use scripts like
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com/2012/02/samba-4-posix-domain-user.html