[Samba] Fwd: Samba 4 two DCs no matching UID/GID

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 14 02:49:07 MST 2015

On 14/01/15 08:56, Izan Díez Sánchez wrote:
> What if I use uidNumber to avoid messing up with idmap.ldb? In the
> first domain controller works fine, ignores idmap and use uidNumber,
> but this attribute is not being replicated when a new user is created.
>
> I explain myself a little deeper:
> 1-I have an AD DC, all users contain uidNumber. "wbinfo -i user"
> returns uidNumber as expected.

Ah, but do your users actually have a 'uidNumber' attribute ? Did you
add them ? because if you didn't, the 'uidNumber' you are referring to
is actually a 'xidNumber' that is stored in idmap.ldb
> 2-I join a second DC. LDAP is replicated correctly, uidNumber
> attribute included. "wbinfo -i user" returns uidNumber as expected.
> 3-I create a new user in the first DC, and add manually the
> corresponding uidNumber.

Where are you adding the 'uidNumber' ?

> 4-User is replicated fine to second DC but lacks of uidNumber set on
> the first one, thus "wbinfo -i user" does not return de same uidNumber.

Light is possibly dawning here, are you by any chance altering
idmap.ldb, because doing it this way will give you the problem you are
having, idmap.ldb is *not* synced between DC's.

By the way, can you please stop referring to your servers as PDC & BDC,
they are all DC's, a PDC is a totally different type of domain controller.

Rowland