[Samba] samba-tool time

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Feb 28 16:57:22 MST 2015

On Sat, 2015-02-28 at 20:43 +0100, Tim wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> what is it for? I got a revision_match_error. Could this be the reason
> why my windows clients can't sync the time via nt5ds?

I'm not aware of Windows clients using this interface.  They use SNTP,
which we don't have a client for (see ntpdate).

What we don't have is a client tool that uses the same protocol as
windows.  This is indeed an oversight, and means you can't trigger the
mssntp behaviour that you need from NTPd for testing.

Sorry :-(

Andrew Bartlett