[Samba] Windows 2008R2 DC Problems

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed Feb 25 12:46:27 MST 2015

Hello Moe,

Am 25.02.2015 um 17:52 schrieb Moe Salem:
> When I promote a 2008R2 server as a secondary DC in the samba AD domain, everything seems to work great (Replication and all) Except I am unable to create NEW records.
> I can update and change existing records but not create any new records via the DNS tool on the win2008R2 server. However if i connected to the centos6.6 PDC via the DNS admin tool, I am able to create new records. Any ideas?

* What is the error message?
* When you create a DNS entry on the Samba server, is it replicated to
the Win DC?
* Does the behaviour changes, if you temporary shutdown Samba on the
first DC while you create the record?
* Who build the domain? I mean: Who was first and populated the AD?
Windows or Samba?

Regards,
Marc