[Samba] [Solved] Re: samba4: cleaning up deleted DNS objects

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 24 14:15:54 MST 2015

On 24/02/15 20:33, Achim Gottinger wrote:
> You have an point with email an spam here. I do not respond off list
> to unknown peolple in general. Now that thread contains an usefull
> answer. I reply only to the list again, now without your name and
> e-mail addy.
>
> achim~
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I didn't notice it earlier, but now I was going through samba mailing
>> list
>> archives I noticed you sent your reply to the samba mailing list (so
>> basically, the rest of the world as these end up in archives). Your
>> reply
>> included my entire e-mail (quoted).
>>
>> I would really have appreciated it if you would have asked beforehand if
>> this was ok.
>>
>> If I knew it would be sent to a public mailing list then I would have
>> used a
>> different email account to avoid spam and would likely have omitted or
>> changed some parts of my text since it doesn't concern the rest of
>> the world.
>>
>> I suggest you take that into account in the future.. not (just) for
>> me, of
>> course..
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> XXXX

Hi, I think the OP should have expected something like this to happen
when he emails somebody whose email address he got of an open mailing
list. It was his responsibility to use an email address that was
basically a throw away one and he should have couched it in terms that
didn't matter if it ended up in the public forum.

If anybody emails me direct about a samba matter, it will very probably
end up here, because I will reply only to the list, especially if it is
in the middle of a thread.

I will decide if I want to reply direct to anybody that emails me, I
suspect that is what Achim decided.

Rowland