[Samba] Problems in SAMBA 3.3 to 4.0 migration

soonerdave soonerdew at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 19:44:19 MST 2015

Trying to browse the shares on my Samba 4.1 BDC, and I get
"NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED"

Machine-specific server logs for the connection attempt show an attempt to
hit the IPC$ share, which fails:

"[2015/02/17 20:45:23.930969,  1]
../source3/smbd/process.c:1508(switch_message)  service[IPC$] requires
encryptionSMBtdis ACCESS_DENIED. mid=6"

I've tried to figure out how this particular variety of SMB encryption is
turned on/configured, or at least which version of the protocol it's tied
to, to no avail. Any pointers?

-David