[Samba] Transfer user passwords from Samba3 to Samba4

Andreas Hauffe andreas.hauffe at tu-dresden.de
Mon Feb 9 07:30:19 MST 2015

Hi,

I'm migrating a domain from Samba3 to Samba4. I now about the possibility to
transfer the domain (users and computers) during the provisioning (Upgrade
from Samba3 to Samba4).

Due to problems with the domain name (I have to change the domain name), SIDs
a.s.o. I want to create a new domain during provisioning. Then I want to
create/add all users with a script. Is there a way to extract the password
from the old openLDAP backend and reuse/set it for all users.

Perhaps take the "sambaLMPassword" or "sambaNTPassword" and add it somewhere?

--
Viele Grüße
Andreas Hauffe

Technische Universität Dresden
Institut für Luft- und Raumfahrttechnik / Institute of Aerospace Engineering
Lehrstuhl für Luftfahrzeugtechnik / Chair of Aircraft Engineering

D-01062 Dresden
Germany

phone : +49 (351) 463 38496
fax :  +49 (351) 463 37263