[Samba] pam_winbind vs. pam_ldap ?

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Mon Feb 2 19:54:53 MST 2015

Greetings, All!

I'm using Samba 3.6 and OpenLDAP currently.
The core configuration has been done eons ago, and I'm not quite sure it is
actual any more. I see a number of PAM-related errors every time the system
boot up. One concerning me is
Jan 28 02:31:21 daemon1 perl: pam_ldap: error trying to bind as user "uid=root,ou=Users,dc=darkdragon,dc=lan" (Invalid credentials)
Is this a broken PDC configuration (how can I fix it, if yes?) or I can just
remove libpam-ldap since I'm using libpam-winbind anyway?

--
WBR,
Andrey Repin (anrdaemon at yandex.ru) 03.02.2015, <05:48>

Sorry for my terrible english...