[Samba] CTDB and glusterfs

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Mon Dec 21 07:56:11 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-17 at 18:22 +0100, Michael Adam wrote:
> We just analyzed the situation together,
> and the solution is that in order to
> access security.FOOBAR xattrs on the gluster
> fuse mount, you have to specify the 'selinux'
> mount option to the glusterfs fuse mount...
> ...THis is necassary even if selinux is disabled.
>
> This sounds strange, but it currently is
> the solution.
>
> Note that the recommended way is to use
> the glusterfs vfs module instead of the
> fuse mount.

Note that meanwhile we have uploaded samba packages
again at
https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/samba/
for CentOS and RHEL flavors.
These match the glusterfs community packages under
https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.7/LATEST/
(currently
https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.7/3.7.6/)

The Samba packages ship a matching glusterfs vfs module,
i.e. you don't need to mount the volume you want to share
with Samba with fuse any more.

Michael