[Samba] samba4 schema for openldap

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Dec 16 19:35:22 UTC 2015

On 16/12/15 19:02, Таболин Юрий wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have samba 4.2.3 on freebsd 10.1 server. There are three DC and
> about 350 PC on domain. I wrote earlier that samba4 ldap performance
> is not enough for me. Now I want to try a server in the middle with
> openldap pcache - ldap cache proxy function. But it only works with
> appropriate openldap schema. Where I can find samba4 openldap schema?
> I'm going to cache simple queries such as
>
> (&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=username))
>
> I will have enough and the simplified schema. Thanks!

Not sure there is one, there is some work going on to get samba4 working
with LDAP instead of the builtin ldap server, but it has gone quiet
lately, not this means anything really. I understand that initially,
Samba tried to use LDAP but could not get it to work, so had to go with
their own built in ldap server. If you want to attempt something, you
could do worse than looking in the setup directory that samba installs.

Rowland