[Samba] DRS_The specified I/O operation on %hs was not completed before the time-out period expired.'

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 13:17:24 UTC 2015

Hi Luchko,

How many objects are in your MS AD database?

The question because I was not able to run successfully a "samba-tool drs
replicate ... domain" if my Samba AD database was filled with 40000+
objects.

Same issue with ldapcmp but for ldapcmp there are two workaround: comparing
the database piece by piece (searching all containers and compare all
container per container without recursion) or run the ldapcmp using
tdb:///path/to/file.tdb rather than ldap://DCname.