[Samba] named failing with bind_dlz includes

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Aug 28 17:17:57 UTC 2015

Bind if failing with:

include "/var/lib/samba/private/named.conf";

which has:

# more /var/lib/samba/private/named.conf
# This DNS configuration is for BIND 9.8.0 or later with dlz_dlopen support.
#
# This file should be included in your main BIND configuration file
#
# For example with
# include "/var/lib/samba/private/named.conf";

#
# This configures dynamically loadable zones (DLZ) from AD schema
# Uncomment only single database line, depending on your BIND version
#
dlz "AD DNS Zone" {
     # For BIND 9.8.x
     # database "dlopen /usr/lib/samba/bind9/dlz_bind9.so";

     # For BIND 9.9.x
      database "dlopen /usr/lib/samba/bind9/dlz_bind9_9.so";

     # For BIND 9.10.x
     # database "dlopen /usr/lib/samba/bind9/dlz_bind9_10.so";
};

And my bind is 9.9.4-18

Of course if I comment out this include, forwarding is not working so
there is still something wrong with the basic /etc/named.conf
(previously I was using my test network DNS for this system, not its own
bind).