[Samba] FW: Questions about Samba 4

Fri Aug 28 10:53:44 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 10:29:41AM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 28/08/15 09:20, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> >On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 08:17:15AM +0200, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> >>This was a test on debian Jessie with sernet samba 4.2.3.
> >>and the test was, "login" with a AD user on ssh.
> >>this worked, fine, but this i noticed later.
> >Ok, got more information. But I am still not able to
> >reproduce it. Unless someone would be willing to give a
> >developer root login to such a box (which I see as pretty
> >unlikely) I think I have done what I could and have to leave
> >this to the real experts like Simo or Andrew Bartlett.
> >winbind according to all my information seems to spin
> >somewhere deep in the kinit code.
> >
> >Sorry,
> >
> >Volker
> >

> Hi Volker, it seems pretty easy to reproduce, just throw up a test
> DC in a VM, create a user and set the password to need to be changed

I used a S4 DC and did not get samba-tool to set this bit
right. S4 did not give the right error message sending
heimdal into the endless loop with our kerb_prompter. See my
other mail with the patch. Give me a bit to recompile
winbind with it and re-test it. Everyone else feel free to
also give that patch a try.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de