[Samba] Samba AD firewalld services

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Aug 27 14:07:57 UTC 2015

On 08/27/2015 09:58 AM, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> mDNS is not DNS
> mDNS (zeroconf/avahi) ( used for .local and .lan reserved tlds ) is an apple thingy..
>
> mDNS udp 5353
> DNS tcp/udp 53.
>
> Yes, dns tcp + udp.
>
> If and dns udp package is to large it switches to tcp.

DNS over tcp I have known and dealt with for a long time.  No problem
there.  Just mDNS over tcp.  But you can see it for the same reasoning.
So that is probably a bug in the firewalld mDNS service rule.

> got that from wiets ( the postfix developer )
> So i must believe him..  wiets is great.. ( and dutch )  :-))

He has been a great help on my mailserver work in the past.  As far as
dutch, Amsterdam is my 'port' of call when I have an EU conference.  I
have friends in Amstelveen that I stay with over the weekend.  Love my
walk along an eco-canal to the Amstel river and the Rembrandt statue.