[Samba] Samba AD firewalld services

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Aug 27 13:06:06 UTC 2015

On 08/27/2015 08:50 AM, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> After reading this thread.. and ..seeing the comments..
>
> I googled a bit around. and yes.. more then 5 sec..  ;-)
>
> I wonder why almost every "centos/redhat/rpm based" howto removes firewalld with the base iptables service
> now, i'm not "pro" systemd or con systemd, i use it but i set my firewall with ufw,
> which is much more flexable in my opinion.
> I just dont care about how it starts.. as long as it works..
>
> so i found this one..
> http://www.certdepot.net/rhel7-get-started-firewalld/
> looks very nice, it explains all.

Your search foo is greater than mine.  But I have a long track record of
a very low foo rating on my searches.

Yes.  All pointed out there.  I see what I need in
/usr/lib/firewalld/services

> base on that, howto create a "samba4-ad" service with multiple ports in it.
> or better, split it up in to..
> samba4-kerberos
> samba4-smbd
> samba4-nmbd
> etc..
>
> The only thing i cant see there in the "HAProxy example" is you can
> add multiple "port / protools" in there.
> thats up to you.
>
> but i think you wil manage that.
>
> .. side note..
> Firewalling is not really a samba topic.. but we are all (yes Rowland to) happy to help you..
> ;-)  Rowland is just not a "fan" of systemd..  ROFL...

Yet needed to be covered in the Wiki.  Just like DNS is.

Once upon a time I did a lot of my own firewalling.  Worked a lot with
Shorewall on a Centos 3? server.  Going to have to dust off some old
skills here.

> Greetz,
>
> Louis

thanks