[Samba] Samba AD firewalld services

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 07:29:52 UTC 2015

On 27/08/15 05:20, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Now with firewalld, opening up ports is now 'better' done by opening
> services.  So what do I need, for starters it seems:
>
> dns, dhcp, dhcpv6, samba, kerberos
>
> Here is the list of services:
>
> RH-Satellite-6 amanda-client bacula bacula-client dhcp dhcpv6
> dhcpv6-client dns
> ftp high-availability http https imaps ipp ipp-client ipsec kerberos
> kpasswd ldap
> ldaps libvirt libvirt-tls mdns mountd ms-wbt mysql nfs ntp openvpn
> pmcd pmproxy
> pmwebapi pmwebapis pop3s postgresql proxy-dhcp radius rpc-bind samba
> samba-client
> smtp ssh telnet tftp tftp-client transmission-client vnc-server
> wbem-https

I would have thought the easiest way to get a list of ports you need is
to start everything, and then use netstat to list the listening ones

> I will only be running one AD, but a number of file servers (which in
> Samba4 are really DCs without some services?) .

Nope, a fileserver is not a DC without some services, a fileserver,
print server, member server or a Unix client are all basically the same
thing and you should follow the instructions on the member server wiki page:

  https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_AD_Member_Server

Rowland