[Samba] sernet documentation

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 19:50:52 UTC 2015

On 26/08/15 20:39, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> On 08/26/2015 03:26 PM, Rowland Penny wrote:
>> On 26/08/15 20:14, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>> One of the Centos 7 arm developers built the sernet 4.2 for me to
>>> start testing.
>>>
>>> http://repo.shivaserv.fr/centos/7/shivaserv-sernet.repo
>>>
>>> and
>>>
>>> http://repo.shivaserv.fr/centos/7/sernet/armv7hl/
>>>
>>> Since these were built on qemu, not requiring specific armv7
>>> hardware, Perhaps at some point they can be adopted by Sernet. But
>>> for now, how to test....
>>>
>>> I don't see any specific Sernet documentation.  Like what is here
>>> and how to set it up, perhaps different, from generic Samba 4.
>>>
>>> I searched the sernet web site and this list and came up empty, but
>>> my search foo is weak.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>

>> If Sernet just built samba for ARM, I do not think that it should be
>> any different to set up, so just follow the relevant documentation on
>> the samba wiki:
>>
>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Main_Page
>
> I was thinking that PERHAPS te sernet build could have specific
> configs for BIND and DHCP at the least.  Unless Samba has already
> included these.  For things like DYNDNS.

Could you be a bit more specific, you can use Bind with samba4 but it is
up to the sysadmin to set this up, though there is a page on the samba
wiki. DHCP, again the sysadmin will have to set this, but there is not
much on the wiki about this, but if all else fails, I can help with
this. Finally, I don't see where DYNDNS comes in here.

Rowland