[Samba] Resetting default permissions on share

James lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 16:35:54 UTC 2015

Hello,

    How do I reset default folder permissions? For instance I have the
following in my smb.conf

[share]
    path = /srv/samba/share
    read only = no

Now lets say I have modified ACL's and I just need to start clean as if
I just created the folder for the first time(mkdir -p /srv/samba/share).
I have tried the following without luck.

setfacl -b /srv/samba/share
chown root:root /srv/samba/share
chmod 755 /srv/samba/share

Every time I go back to the share tab using Windows Computer Management
I see my previous entries. I would expect to see the default 'Everyone'
group. The security tab is missing the 'CREATE OWNER' and 'CREATE GROUP'
as well. Not to mention the "Include inheritable permissions from this
object's parent" is un-ticked from a prior modification. It should
default on. With that said. How does one start over on a share when
things don't go as planned? Using Debian Wheezy and Samba 4.1.17 member
server. Thanks.

--
-James