[Samba] LDAP + Samba4(AD) + SSH

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 19:28:22 UTC 2015

On 21/08/15 20:08, Guilherme Boing wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want my domain users to be able to connect to our linux servers using
> their AD username through LDAP.

What do you mean 'through LDAP' ?

> I am using nslcd and pam_ldap to do so, but I am having some hard time
> trying to figure out why the GID is not working properly.
>
> # getent passwd Guilherme
> Guilherme:*:10000:*513*:Guilherme:/home/Guilherme:/bin/bash
>
> # getent group|grep 513
>
> # id Guilherme
> uid=10000(Guilherme) gid=513 grupos=513,10001(it),10000(Domain Users)
>
> /etc/nslcd.conf: (bind not included)
> filter  passwd  (objectClass=user)
> filter  group   (objectClass=group)
>
> map     passwd  uid                sAMAccountName
> map     passwd  homeDirectory      unixHomeDirectory
> map     passwd  gecos              displayName
> map     passwd  gidNumber          primaryGroupID
> map     group   uniqueMember       member
>
> I know that 513 should mean "Domain Users" from ADUC. However, "Domain
> Users" has the "UNIX Attributes" configuration of GID=10000.

How do you 'know' 513 should mean "Domain Users" ?
513 is the RID of "Domain Users" and by your own admission "Domain
Users" has the gidNumber of 10000
RID does not necessarily equal gidNumber

> # getent group|grep 10000
> Domain Users:*:10000:
>
> Should I change the UNIX Attributes ID of Domain Users to 513 ?
> What am I doing wrong ?
>
> Thanks

You can if you so wish, but you will need to 'chgrp' anything stored on
Unix owned by the "Domain Users" group.

Rowland