[Samba] SOLVED How do you join a Linux mailserver to a Samba domain?

Steve Ankeny steve_a at cinergymetro.net
Fri Apr 24 12:25:42 MDT 2015

Thanks, Sketch!

I actually saw something similar to this on another website, but I
appreciate the Wiki links.

I feel silly!  I've asked questions that were really quite simple (and a
lot of times it comes down to reading comprehension), as my initial
error actually TOLD me where to look for an answer to the problem.

"Unable to open the summary file for Inbox. Perhaps there was an error
on disc, or the full path is too long" with emphasis on FULL PATH TOO
LONG  I changed the path where I e-mail is stored, and reloaded.

Essentially, the fellow who had built the original e-mail profiles had
too many folders, sub-folders.  That and revisiting permissions for the
folders on the storage drive resolved my Thunderbird problems.

Thanks for your indulgence.  I'm new to Samba, and my Domain experience
stems from my NT days.