[Samba] samba 4.2 RDP problem

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 03:07:36 MDT 2015

Hi Carsten,

Until yesterday I had the same issue. In thread titled "[Samba] samba 4.2
RDP problem (solved)" there are some proposal to solve this issue but
trying them I was able to connect through RDP but RSAT tools weren't
working anymore.

This was solved using the following smb.conf. In bold the two lines added
which solved this issue. Now RSAT and RDP are working well here.

This is working with two DC. I have no idea yet what are these options and
if someone have a clue about them, that would be appreciated :)

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = EXAMPLE
        realm = example.org
        netbios name = SAMBA4-DC01
        dns forwarder = 11.22.33.44
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

*server services = +smb -s3fs        dcerpc endpoint servers = +winreg
+srvsvc*

[netlogon]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/example.org/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
        read only = No