[Samba] RFC2307 attributes not being read by DC2 in 4.2.1

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Thu Apr 23 11:56:41 MDT 2015

> What I was proposing was something to try and find out if there is a
> problem that can be cured by using the builtin 'winbind'. The OP is
> using bind9 instead of the internal dns server, so his smb.conf has a
> 'server services' line and changing 'winbindd' in that line to 'winbind'
> is the same as what you have posted.

Well, I am not a native speaker of English and probably I didn't express
myself too welll...

What I was proposing IS NOT the same. I was proposing that he stiil uses
winbindd WHILE EXPLICITLY DISABLING WINBIND, instead of doing it
implicitly.

I was not denying your suggestion, it is a valid one and he should try it,
but mine is a different one and I thought he could try it also because it
costs nothing to do it.