[Samba] user authentication issue

Itamar Gal itamarggal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 09:02:44 MDT 2015

Hey Harry,

Thank you for your input! Ultimately I resolved the issue (following
Rowland's advice) by manually removing the user from our LDAP server and
then rerunning the user creation script (which, if I understand it
correctly, queries an external LDAP server and then synchronizes it with
our LDAP and Samba databases).

However I was still confused as to why some attributes of this specific
user were encoded where as the corresponding attributes for other users
were not. Thank you for clearing that up for me!

Cheers,
Itamar