[Samba] Cannot join Ubuntu12.04 Samba 4.1.17 to domain

ivenhov iwan.daniel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 06:49:01 MDT 2015

Hi Rowland

I don't have krb5.conf at hand at the moment but I've checked it multiple
times and I think is OK since I can get ticket via kinit.
resolv.conf points to my DNS

I can resolve AD hostname via
host serverDC1001.dan2003.sample.domain.com

and via
host 10.80.8.88

Regarding NetworkManager, my machine is a headless server so dnsmasq does
not apply I guess?

Bit of a back story
Initially I had Samba 3.6 on that machine and it was joined to the domain,
then removed from domain.
I've done disk backup of it, then put Samba Sernet 4.1.17 on it and
attempted to joined which fails.
After 2 days of struggle I rolled back to the snapshot 3.6 issues join
command and it worked.

I haven't changed config files between versions
Thanks for any suggestions.

D.