[Samba] [solved] Re: samba4.2.0 crashes on connection attempt with an internal samba error...

Peter Serbe peter at serbe.ch
Thu Apr 2 17:09:09 MDT 2015

Dear Volker, dear list,

while trying to prepare the debug information, I have been asked for
by Volker, I fixed quite a couple of issues on the laptop. One of
these things was the wifi setup - including a set of routes, which
had been necessary while I've been logged into a network other than
my home network.

While the smb daemon still crashed during a connection test, it threw
the tell tale message, that something with the join to the domain
seemed to be wrong. I deleted the computer from the domain, did a new
join - and the crashes had been gone. The lesson learn is this:
while iterating through the steps of the setup, it is also adviceable
to delete the problem burden computer from the domain and do a fresh
join...

Best regards
Peter