[Samba] Samba client doesn't work SMB2 with MAC 0S 10.9.5

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Sep 29 13:13:20 MDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 05:29:44PM +0000, Tompkins, Michael wrote:
> It is when our smbclient tries to connect to a MAC OS 10.9.5 samba server ?
> It seems they now have implemented their own SMB2 stack, in 10.9 which does
> not play well with Microsoft’s implementation. The current workaround is
> only to use SMB1 which is slow and has security issues. In 4.0.7 we can set
> client max protocol to NT1, but in 3.6.5 client, it does not support client max protocol.

Mike, I fixed this for you for 4.1.x, creating the
infrastructure layer to allow the unchanged smbclient
code to use SMB2/2 under the covers.

In order to get a back port to 3.6.x, this is when Xerox needs
to pay a contractor I'm afraid (or do the engineering
work yourself, which I'll be happy to help with :-).

There are limits to what can be supported for free
from the Team, and this is over that limit, sorry.

Jeremy.