[Samba] Forward lookup DNS Issues samba 4.1.12-9 el6

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Sep 29 06:13:34 MDT 2014

Hi

To give some insight.
Cause of this can be :

EDNS
DNSSEC

which you can disable/enable in bind.

my internal dns servers ( the DC's) point to my proxy dns as forwarder
which has also a slave for the DC servers, and this server resolvs to the internet.

I use-ing these settings in bind for now the proxy server. ( a NON samba server )
        dnssec-enable yes;
        dnssec-validation yes;
        auth-nxdomain no;    # conform to RFC1035
        listen-on-v6 { none; };

on the samba servers ( the DC's im using )
        dnssec-validation auto;
        auth-nxdomain yes;    # conform to RFC1035 =no
        listen-on-v6 { none; };

Lots to read about EDNS and DNSSEC, but thats for you ;-)

Best regards,

Louis