[Samba] Compiling Samba with ADS Support

David Bear dwbear75 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 20:12:01 MDT 2014

make sure you have the dev libraries of heimdal ldap. Grab the source
tarball. Untar it. Then do a configure. Configure will run until it can't
find a necessary library. When it identifies something your missing, get it
and repeat the process.

The needed libraries available vary widely with whatever linux distro you
are using. So if you want specific help as to what libs to get, you might
mail the list back and ask. You may need to use rpms or debs or something
else. We don't know until you tell us what distro you are using.

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 10:38 PM, John Blac <johnblac at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm looking to compile Samba with ADS support but can't seem to find any
> list of required libraries. I've read the FAQs and it was helpful, it
> listed that I needed MIT or Heimdal Kerberos and Open LDAP. I'm working on
> a very secure environment and if it is possible to just put it only the
> required files, that would be great.
>
> Thank you,
> Lester
> --