[Samba] Element not found error

Brian C. Huffman bhuffman at etinternational.com
Mon Sep 22 13:48:22 MDT 2014

Mark,

Ok - I just tried using SerNet's 4.1 RPMS (4.1.12-9.el6.x86_64)

I had to change the syntax for adding the SeDiskOperatorPrivilege. Was
this written / tested using Samba 4.0?
[root at samba02 bhuffman]# net rpc rights grant 'ETI\Domain Admins'
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -Uadministrator
Enter administrator's password:
Failed to grant privileges for ETI\Domain Admins (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED)
[root at samba02 bhuffman]# net sam rights grant 'ETI\Domain Admins'
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -Uadministrator
Granted SeDiskOperatorPrivilege to ETI\Domain Admins

At any rate, after using "net sam" instead of "net rpc", it appeared to
work.

But now when I tried to change things in the security tab in computer
management, I get a "Access is denied" error message.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Brian