[Samba] Issue with printer sharing

Sébastien Le Ray sebastien-samba at orniz.org
Sat Sep 20 04:11:44 MDT 2014

Hello,

Le 19/09/2014 22:40, Marc Muehlfeld a écrit :
> Hello Sébastien,
>

> Can you ensure, that you followed
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_as_a_print_server
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Point_n_Click_Automatic_Printer_Driver_Deployment

Yes, triple checked :-)
Sadly I only have one Windows 2008 box right now, will try to get a
Win7Pro to get another printmanagement.msc instance to see if it's an
issue from the windows box or the whole config (since a Win7Home
successfully installed the printer it might be an issue with the 2k8)

> If you completely followed the guides, and still having problems, please
> provide more details, that allows us to help. E. g.
> - Samba Version?
> - Self compiled, Distro package, other package?

4.1.11, Debian backports package

> - smb.conf

--- SMB.CONF ----
[global]

         netbios name = seshat
         server string = Serveur d'impression Samba
         workgroup = FINSECUR.LAN
         security = ADS
         realm = AD.FINSECUR.LAN
         encrypt passwords = yes

         idmap config *:backend = tdb
         idmap config *:range = 70001-80000
         idmap config FINSECUR.LAN:backend = ad
         idmap config FINSECUR.LAN:schema_mode = rfc2307
         idmap config FINSECUR.LAN:range = 100-40000

         winbind nss info = rfc2307
         winbind trusted domains only = no
         winbind use default domain = yes
         winbind enum users  = yes
         winbind enum groups = yes

         vfs objects = acl_xattr
         map acl inherit = yes
         store dos attributes = yes

         # To improve printing perfs
         rpc_server:spoolss = external
         rpc_daemon:spoolssd = fork

         # Allow to use different names on cups & shares
         # since CUPS naming is rather… limited
         load printers = no

         log level = 3
         spoolss: architecture = Windows x64

# Mandatory shares for printing

[printers]
         path = /var/spool/samba
         printable = yes
         printing = CUPS

# Windows clients look for this share name as a source of downloadable
# printer drivers
[print$]
         comment = Pilotes imprimantes
         path = /var/lib/samba/printers
         writeable = yes

# Define one share per printer, alphabetically sorted :)
[FIRST]
         path = /var/spool/samba/
         browseable = yes
         printable = yes
         # CUPS name
         printer name = FIRST_PRINTER

[SECOND]
         path = /var/spool/samba/
         browseable = yes
         printable = yes
         printer name = SECOND_PRINTER

> - Full driver name incl. version
Ricoh Universal Print Driver 4.4.0, PCL6
For both printers so I cannot tell if it's specific to this printer…
Sadly all our printers use the same driver. Will try to bring one I've home.

> - Driver type (PS, PCL5/6,...)
> - etc.
>

> Regards,
> Marc