[Samba] Issue with printer sharing

Sébastien Le Ray sebastien-samba at orniz.org
Fri Sep 19 09:59:51 MDT 2014

Hi list,

I just set up a print server using Samba 4 as a domain member.
I successfully uploaded drivers to the server (through
printmanagement.msc). A test machine has been able to print through the
server but I'm unable to access preference page of the printer in
printmanagement.msc (preference page is fine on client). RSAT keep
saying that the driver isn't installed, installs it and then fails when
I try to click on "preferences" (error code 0x7e) or when I try to print
a test page (0x06d1). x64 & x86 drivers have been uploaded.

When I right clic on the printer (before the "driver is not installed
message") I can see that the driver files are being read by the
accessing machine.

Any hints?

Regards