[Samba] getent group empty response

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Thu Sep 18 04:28:24 MDT 2014

This could be a reason with 3.6 on:
" https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_3.6_Features_added/changed"

As part of the changes, the default idmap configuration has been changed to be more coherent with the per-domain configuration. The parameters "idmap uid", "idmap gid" and "idmap range" are now deprecated in favour of the systematic "idmap config * : range" and "idmap config * : backend" parameters. The reason for this change is that the old options only provided an incomplete and hence deceiving backwards compatibility, which was a source of many problems with upgrades. By introducing this change in configuration, it should be brought to the conciousness of the users that even the simple id mapping is not working exactly as in Samba 3.0 versions any more.

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24