[Samba] classicupgrade cannot start winbind

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 16 01:15:16 MDT 2014

On 15/09/14 22:13, igorfk at ig.com.br wrote:

> I'm installing it on a Linux Debian 7.6.0

In that case, if you use backports, you can get samba 4.1.11

> Sorry I should post some network configuration before.
>

> # cat /etc/resolv.conf
> domain dc1.domain.com.br
> search domain.com.br
> nameserver 172.17.0.4

 From 'man resolv.conf':

        The  domain and search keywords are mutually exclusive.  If more
than one
        instance of these keywords is present, the last instance wins.

So domain dc1.domain.com.br is ignored.

> # cat /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1     localhost
> 172.17.0.4   dc1.domain.com.br dc1

You seem to be using a static ip, which is good but have you altered
/etc/network/interfaces ?

> /etc/krb5.conf is a symbolic link to
> /usr/local/samba/private/krb5.conf and there is a symbolic link
> /etc/krb5.keytab of /usr/local/samba

If you install the following packages from backports, everything will
get put into the right place:

samba attr krb5-config krb5-user ntp bind9 bind9utils dnsutils winbind
libpam-winbind libpam-krb5 libnss-winbind libsmbclient smbclient

Rowland