[Samba] two little scripts

mourik jan heupink - merit heupink at merit.unu.edu
Fri Sep 12 01:48:17 MDT 2014

Hi all,

I am no programmer at all, but I have created these two scripts, that
will notify me when problems with my dc's start occuring.

The first script verifies the output of ldapcmp between the dc's, and
sends it to my when the output shows a failure. This script runs on one
dc only.

The second script checks replication and makes sure it's output is as
expected. If the output is unexpected, I am notified by email. This
script runs on all my dc's.

Again: I'm no programmer at all, but these scripts are running here, and
they do the job. Perhaps somebody here can benefit from them as well.

ldapcmp script: http://pastebin.com/UMseG27y

showrepl script: http://pastebin.com/BKC0ktwS

Regards,
MJ