[Samba] guest create only share

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Thu Sep 11 12:12:23 MDT 2014

Hello Péter,

Am 10.09.2014 um 11:56 schrieb Péter Kovács:
> I like to make samba share where guest users (without password) can create
> file ( copy from local computer to share), but can't delete,rename, write
> after creation. But I have a superuser (with password) who can
> read,write,delete, the guest user's shared files.
> Please help me how to setup this share configuration.

Please give some more information about your setup:

* AD DC / NT4 PDC / Member Server / Standalone?

* Share configured with Windows or Posix ACLs?

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_and_configure_file_shares_with_Windows_ACLs

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_and_configure_file_shares_with_POSIX_ACLs

* etc.

Regards,