[Samba] Strange DNS issue...

Roberto Suárez Soto robe at allenta.com
Thu Sep 11 05:21:20 MDT 2014

El 11/09/14 a las #4, Ryan Ashley escribió:
> My static zones are fine (172.16.0, 172.16.1, and 172.16.3) but the
> one DHCP serves (172.16.2) does not create any PTR records when the
> workstations (Windows) request and receive an IP address. Is there
> anything special I need to do here? Both the reverse zones and the
> forward zone have the same permissions according to the Windows DNS
> snap-in.

     Excuse me if I'm missing something, because I've only barely read
your previous mails: are you trying to update from isc-dhcp-server the
reverse zones hosted by Samba4? Because if so, I think it's not easily
done. Updates need to be kerberos-signed, and isc-dhcp-server can't do
that on its own.

     Regards,

--
Roberto Suárez Soto