[Samba] Upgrading Samba in a Multi DC environment

Chris Alavoine chrisa at acs-info.co.uk
Sat Sep 6 13:55:26 MDT 2014

Have also made an attempt at migrating to BIND9_DLZ. I have bind setup
nicely but when I run the upgrade command I get this:

root at ess-dc-001:/var/named/master# /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_upgradedns
--dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ
Reading domain information
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_upgradedns", line 261, in <module>
    paths, lp.configfile, lp)
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/provision/__init__.py",
line 319, in find_provision_key_parameters
    dns_admins_sid = get_dnsadmins_sid(samdb, names.domaindn)
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/provision/sambadns.py",
line 63, in get_dnsadmins_sid
    attrs=["objectSid"])
_ldb.LdbError: (32, 'No such Base DN:
CN=DnsAdmins,CN=Users,DC=essence,DC=internal,DC=com')

Seems to be complaining that DnsAdmins doesn't exist, anyone seen this
before?

Thanks,
Chris.