[Samba] samba_spnupdate invoked oom-killer

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Sep 2 14:58:26 MDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-09-03 at 03:45 +0800, Chan Min Wai wrote:
> Dear Steven,
>

> sysvol is mount after all rc.d completed...
>

> In other words after samba, drbd and ocfs2 start...
>

> the drbd + ocfs2 are located on an 1G Partition :)

mmm. so /var/lib/samba/sysvol is the 1G partition? We can't work out
what is mounted:(

Where is /dev/drbd1 mounted?

As sysvol is hard coded into the provision, we can't see how you have
specified it as a cluster drive. We are guessing
that /var/lib/samba/sysvol is _not_ the cluster block. e.g. we
envisage /var/lib/samba/sysvol to have been produced by the provision.
For this to work, we must have sysvol on the cluster, not on the DC
drive. So initially, you need something like:
mount /dev/drbd1 /mnt
rsync -AXauzv /var/lib/samba/sysvol /mnt
We must now change smb.conf to:
[sysvol]
path = /mnt
read only = No

We repeat, we do not know why, but under 4.1.6 I think it was, each time
we had both nodes up, it froze one of the them solid, needing a hard
reset. Just like ctdb does with ext4. . .