[Samba] samba_spnupdate invoked oom-killer

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 12:32:50 MDT 2014

Dear Steve,

Oh I See what you meant.
Sorry. I was trying to use DRBD + OCFS2 for the sysvol which access by DC1
and DC2.
After I've done that, I only found the issue about Ctdb and multi files
locking and etc which is a bad bad idea...
---> Really Bad idea...

Where I'm the only one using the tools and knowing that I'll be the one who
write it.
But still I'll kept a backup of my GPO always ;) just in case it crashed...

But since it is working fine...
I was thinking of why not and see how long before i hit an issue :) (under
a single admin environment and never access and edit gpo from both DC)

I believes that the ocfs2 and drbd are not the caused, as what i remember
after reboot usually the drbd and ocfs2 will require a resync...

Below are some of my ocfs2 configuration.

It was similar to
http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/DRBD_with_OCFS2

/etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf
cluster:
        node_count = 2
        name = amtbsysvol

node:
        number = 1
        cluster = amtbsysvol
        ip_port = 7777
        ip_address = 192.168.11.23
        name = amtbsrv01

node:
        number = 2
        cluster = amtbsysvol
        ip_port = 7777
        ip_address = 192.168.11.27
        name = amtbsrv02

/etc/samba/smb.conf
# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = WORKGROUP
        realm = domain.net
        netbios name = SERVER
        server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
        host msdfs = yes

        # DNS Update
        allow dns updates = nonsecure

        #Replicate KCC Connection Object Fis
        kccsrv:samba_kcc = false

        # Log Level
        LOG Level = 2
        max log size = 2000

        # Disable Load printer
        load printers = No

        #SMB2 Enable
        client max protocol = SMB2

[netlogon]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/domain.net/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
        read only = No