[Samba] domain users "primary gro­up" does not take effect ­in UNIX attributes (NIS)

?icro MEGAS micromegas at mail333.com
Thu Oct 30 02:22:30 MDT 2014

> What did you set as the "primairy group on the "Member of" Tab?
> Thats the group hou need to set.

Hi Louis,

the "Set Primary Group" on the tab [Member of] is not usable, it's greyed out. I cannot click/choose anything on that area. I tested on several user accounts and with different Domain Admins account logged-in and using ADUC. But that makes sense, as in "windows world" you don't need the primary group as the text in that window is explaining. I think this setting has to be done in [UNIX Attributes] tab as it it counts for UNIX accounts. But how?

Mirco