[Samba] Windows 8 polices are not applied

Jeroen Hermans j.hermans at epsys.nl
Sun Oct 19 03:37:14 MDT 2014

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your reply. I am indeed using an older version of Samba4
and i only have Windows 8.0 clients. The reason is i use the SOGo
repository and i see that is not updated. I now think that my problems
may be Samba 4.0.x related indeed.

Is there an easy way to upgrade Samba4 now i am using a repository that
is not up-to-date? I am rather anxious about breaking a DC. I am of
course making a complete backup of the DC before doing anything
following the wiki, but still updating samba4 and switching repositories
sounds like something that can go horribly wrong.
Kind regards,

Jeroen Hermans