[Samba] DNS Issues when joining a Domain as a DC [SOLVED]

Thomas Kempf listen at hueper.de
Thu Oct 16 05:58:39 MDT 2014

O.k. The problem is solved. I read through Louis scripts and found this

 ># Fixes for sernet samba missing rights
 >if [ -d /var/lib/samba/private ]; then
 >echo "enable-ing access for bind in private"
 >chmod 755 /var/lib/samba/private
 >chown root:bind /var/lib/samba/private/dns.keytab
 >fi

I checked the rights on the keytab and found the dns.keytab like this

-rw------- 1 root root          742 Okt 15 17:45 dns.keytab

changed it to this

-rw-r----- 1 root bind          742 Okt 15 17:45 dns.keytab

restarted bind and samba and here we go

root at dns1:~# host -t A dns1.ad.hueper.de 192.168.0.1
Using domain server:
Name: 192.168.0.1
Address: 192.168.0.1#53
Aliases:

dns1.ad.hueper.de has address 192.168.0.1

Thank you all for your help guys!

Kind regards
Tom