[Samba] migration from samba3 -> 4 architecture goal question

Karel Lang AFD lang at afd.cz
Tue Oct 7 05:59:37 MDT 2014

Hello Helmut,
thanks for information too!

Also thanks for mentioning this:
'max protocol = smb2'

I thought it is experimental - just as my 'man smb.conf' says, but after
googling i found:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2013-February/171836.html

where Jeremy Allison confirms it is already 'fully supported from Samba
3.6.0 onwards'.

I will test it right away!

Also thanks for the rest of your config - every small bit of info helps
me to get the 'puzzle' done :]

Karel