[Samba] Samba 4 for test

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 6 10:02:01 MDT 2014

On 06/10/14 16:55, Elias Pereira wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I installed the Samba4 for testing in debian 7.6. The problem I am facing
> is the following.
>
> When I run the command "smbclient --version" appears the version "3.6.6",
> and not the version of the installation that is "4.1.12".
>
> Anyone ever faced this problem?

Hi, how did you install samba4?

Did you compile it yourself or did you install the debian packages from
backports or sernet?

Either way I think that you are using the smbclient from the already
installed samba3. If this is the case then you need to either remove the
S3 packages or alter your PATH variable to point to your new S4 install.

Rowland