[Samba] NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED version 4.1.6-Ubuntu

ped pedwards at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 13:29:37 MDT 2014

Ryan Ashley <ryana <at> reachtechfp.com> writes:

> Here is a likely problem. Each DC has a different UID/GID for the B
> UILTIN groups. If you carried the ACLs over, you may have carried over
> incorrect ones. In other words, "Server Operators" may be 3000001 on
> your primary DC, but may be 3000008 on another. I just discovered this
> myself earlier today. Somebody on the list I was reading suggested
also
> copying the "idmap.ldb" over, or running the reset after syncing.
>
> On 08/12/2014 11:15 AM, JoergSorge wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I hope, I'm right here.
> >
> > Since I using ubuntu 14.04, I cannot setup a simple share.
> > Always access is denied.
> > Also without any share-definition, I get this error:
> >
> > smbstatus
> >
> > Samba version 4.1.6-Ubuntu
> > PID     Username      Group         Machine
> > Failed to initialize session_global: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
> >
> > Service      pid     machine       Connected at
> > Failed to initialize session_global: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
> > Failed to traverse sessions: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
> >
> > Is there somebody that can help to fix this issue?
> >
> > Regards Joerg

Hi Ryan,

I, like Joerg, have the exact same question.  So appreciate the
response.

Although what you wrote makes some sort of sense, I really have no idea
where to begin to make any of pragmatic use of what you said.   How can
I check what Access Control Level (I assume are ACLs) are set?   What
are DCs?   And how would I copy over idmap.ldb?  From where?

If you would be so kind to extrapolate a tad, would be appreciated at
least on my end.

Regards,
-ped