[Samba] Migration tests

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 20 07:13:32 MST 2014

On 20/11/14 13:45, Elias Pereira wrote:
> Hello Rowland,
>
> Look this schema:

Nice diagram :-)

>> My questions are:
>
> 1. The external ldap can replicate all contents to the internal ldap
> of the Samba4?

Not as far as I am aware, unless you are talking about using Samba4 like
your old Samba3 & Openldap

> 2. Perhaps the question is stupid, but the internal ldap of Samba4 has
> the same structure of openldap?

No, not a stupid question, the internal ldap (which tells me that you
want to move to active directory) is similar to, but not the same as
Openldap.

I think that you will need to use your external ldap as a proxy, see here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Authenticating_other_services_against_AD

It might also be worthwhile surfing the net (use 'active directory' in
the search), moodle at least seems to work with AD.

If you are thinking of moving to a Samba4 AD DC, you just need to get
your head round the fact that it works just like a windows AD DC.

Also, can you please keep posts on the list.

Rowland