[Samba] samba4 PDC, smbstatus provides no info

Jakub Kulesza jakkul at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 07:41:13 MST 2014

guys, thank you for pointing that out. I'll guess that I'll need to cut the
file serving functions to a different virtual machine. No problem there.
Already did that when moving from gentoo samba 3.6 ntdomain to ubuntu samba
4.1 ADdomain.

If it will solve the issue I will not get back to you :D.

Another thing - since it's the winbind that is the problematic bit:
- do I also need to have sysvol share on a different box?
- will just cutting winbind from nsswitch.conf do the trick? I do not
really need mapping username's to UIDs within my linux box.
- next question that I wanted to post is the problem with creating user
home directories. If I create a new user in MMC and create his/hers home
directory, it gets created in the proper destination but with wrong owner:
the owner is root. Can this be related? I have no problems with profile
dirs, since those are created by the logged users themselves (automatically
by the windows OS), for the home dirs I've created a hacky script that runs
from crontab and chowns the directories :D

> On 18/11/14 13:57, mots wrote:
>
>> AW: [Samba] samba4 PDC, smbstatus provides no info

Pozdrawiam
Jakub Kulesza